BCT Solutions is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team and help us contribute to Australia’s national security. We have a position available to join our project teams in the Defence, Intelligence and Security domains. A Systems Engineer in BCT can expect to work as part of a multi-discipline teams consisting of Defence, APS and Contractors.
Our Systems Engineers assist our clients with the technical aspects of capability acquisition which may include verification and validation activities, development of Operational Concept Documents and/or Functional Performance Specifications. BCT values client empathy, clear communication and end-user focused solutions in our approach to consulting.
Defence / Intelligence / Security
- Cultural Fit
- Job-specific Experience
- Industry Experience
- Relevant Qualifications
- NV1 Security Clearance
To be successful for the role of Systems Engineer you will required to:
- Plan, manage and execute the technical program.
- Support the delivery of systems that meet user requirements by developing an understanding of the customer’s needs and developing these into robust requirements.
- Requirements management including functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation, interface definition studies, developing documentation (e.g. concept documents, user requirement documents, system specifications) and use of requirement management tools (e.g. DOORS).
- Support in the design of capability solutions through applying systematic processes and systems engineering methodologies, while considering the customer’s technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Maintain the system requirements and design products and documentation in accordance with configuration management, change management and traceability processes.
- Plan, document and execute Verification and Validation activities (including but not limited to Test & Evaluation (e.g. acceptance testing), System Reviews (e.g. FCA/PCA) and etc).
- Identify project and product risks.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence technical outcomes in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of the Defence Capability Life Cycle desirable.
Start within 4 – 8 weeks.